The Perfect Purple Smoothie
Getting your daily intake of greens can be troubling at times, especially when it’s freezing outside and all you’re craving is comfort food. The trick is to throw it all into a smoothie—the perfect purple smoothie that is.
OK so here it is:
- 1 cup of wildberries (frozen) *you can never have enough blueberries, throw in as much as you’d like
- 1 handful of any greens you like *arugula, kale, spinach etc.
- 2 tbsp. of low-fat vanilla yogurt
- ½ of a banana diced
- 1 tbsp. of peanut butter *peanut butter is your best friend to hide the bitterness of the greens
- 1 pour of almond milk *top it off with your fave dairy-free liquid
If you don’t add enough blueberries, it can turn a grey-ish colour, which may not look appetizing but is totally delish! Have this smoothie as a breaky to-go in the morning or post-gym and you’ll feel like a million bucks.
Your perfect purple smoothie will never let you down.