Getting Your Butt Back To The Gym
We’ve all been through it before. Taking a break from the gym and finding it next to impossible to get back into routine. With busy schedules over the holidays, it’s hard to find time to work out. Not only is your schedule and routine thrown off over the holidays, but your eating habits and sleeping patterns are also turned upside down.
This month, take control of your life and your body again and get back into routine to start 2017 off on a right note!
Here are 5 steps to get your help get your butt back to the gym:
- Look at your schedule and be realistic—analyze your week and pencil in days you are going to go to the gym. Don’t be unrealistic. If you know you’re jammed pack one day with work, use it as your rest day and make up for it on the weekend.
- Create a new workout plan—sometimes when you do the same exercise plan over and over again, it’s hard to find motivation to go to the gym everyday. New exercises will help you stay motivated.
- Swag yourself out—treat yourself with new workout clothes. It’s amazing what new leggings will do for you and your motivation. Think of workout clothes as an investment, stuff that you use every day.
- A new look on “gym-ing”—working out every day doesn’t just help you physically, it also helps you mentally. Exercising helps you release your stress and organize your day.
- Get a workout buddy—there’s no better partner than a squat partner! Find a friend who has a similar schedule and plan to workout together.
Whatever helps you get back into routine, DO IT.
Your time is now.
A new year, means a new and better gym routine, because... #healthyishot.
- Monica Scaglione
I remember when I would go to the gym and go H.A.M. (hard as a moxxxx). I mean I would be dripping in sweat, heart pounding, muscles burning, still I wasn’t achieving the results I desired. I remember feeling frustrated and ready to give up because all of my hard work was being done in vain…
If you have been following my posts during the last year, you have probably noticed that the main topics I write about are usually yoga, meditation, and hiking. In the last few years, my journey has taken these paths and now they have come to a crossroads. This is when I decided to combine my two passions and create my new project: Zen Summits.
For the long weekend, I travelled all the way to the Big Apple- New York City and I wanted to share my 5 travel essentials while they are fresh in my brain!
We did a 4 day, 3 night bus trip to New York City, and saw SO much! But because this was a bus trip, and we were going to be walking the city from 8 am to 8 pm every day, I knew that I needed to pack smart!
Let’s set the scene…
A beautiful sunny warm but crisp morning in Ottawa, walking by the canal with a coffee from my local café on Elgin St. I can hear the water flowing and some birds chirping, and I can see some dog walkers, kayakers, runners, and even children learning to master the bike.
I remember falling in love with sharks from the moment I was old enough to understand what they were. I would read books about them, watch shark documentaries and welcome any conversation in which they were the leading topic. They would prove to become my spirit animal and inspire me to learn to dive in order experience their grace and serenity underwater.
Fall is just around the corner, which also means that – in my opinion – the best running season is also just around the corner. I’m sure I’m not alone when I say that running outside in the cooler temperatures is much more enjoyable than running when it’s blistering hot!