Essentials Oils To The Rescue!
Are you often feeling tired, depressed, or unbalanced even though you’ve been eating well and keeping fit?
For as long as I can remember I’ve always been interested in my health and have done my best to be aware of the things I put in my body. I became a vegetarian, started going to the gym and began practicing yoga to be in better control of my physical and emotional health. But still, I would often find myself feeling lonely, depressed, and unmotivated to go out into the world and be my best self. My ability to react to external events in a positive way seemed totally out of my control. I began to notice how my swaying mood was not only effecting myself, but also my friends, family, students and coworkers. I was determined to figure out what was causing this rollercoaster of highs and lows as I truly believe that we have to take responsibility for the energy that we put out into the world. This is when essential oils came into my life. I began my journey into the world of essential oils not even a year ago, and quickly began to feel a shift in how I felt and carried myself. Taking a more holistic approach to life has put me more in alignment with my best self and has made me feel absolutely fantastic!
So, what is an essential oil?
An essential oil is the life force of a plant. The oil helps to protect the plant against environmental threats and can have the same effect on us. They are extracted and distilled from the bark, flower, fruit, seed, leaf of a plant or tree. They are highly concentrated and are comprised of powerful properties that have been known and used for their amazing healing benefits for centuries. There are endless benefits to oils, some of which include, healing , health, as well as emotional and hormonal balance. They are a safe alternative to other harmful or toxic medications.
How do they work?
Essential oils aren’t just a pleasant smell, they are comprised of hundreds of tiny molecules that are able to penetrate the cellular membrane, or even the blood-brain barrier. They enter every cell of the body in only 20 minutes. Essential oils help us on the cellular level as they can actually penetrate every cell in our body to help heal and detox. As all disease is connected to cellular health. As such, you can imagine the power we have to take control of our physical and emotional health with these oils. It is illegal for me to actually claim that they can help, cure, or treat diseases… but I know so many people (including myself) whose lives have been forever changed.
How can I use them?
There are three main ways to use essential oils.
- Internally - only applies to specific certified therapeutic grade essential oils (CTPG). Can be taken in water, a few drops under the tongue or placed in gel capsules.
- Diffusion/inhalation - also known as aromatherapy. A diffuser can help purify the air and provide benefits such as healing, immune support, and promote emotional balance.
- Topically - oils enter the blood stream within 30 seconds and penetrates every cell within 20 minutes. Best places to apply essential oils to are: temples, spine, back of the neck , behind the ears and under the feet
Parabens and toxins found in make-up, cleaning products, fragrance, perfumes, shampoos, moisturizers, etc. are unsafe for you and the environment and can interfere with cellular health and hormone function. So, make the decision to minimize the amount of toxins that you breathe and that you absorb through your biggest membrane- the skin. You will notice the difference in your energy and mood, I can assure you!
All purpose cleaner
- 2 oz. distilled water
- 1 tsp witch hazel
- 15 drops - On Guard Essential oil
- 1 drop of dish soap
Homemade Dishwasher Detergent
- ½ ounce Castile soap
- 3¼ cups purified water
- 4 ounces white vinegar
- 1 ounce citric acid powder
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 20 drops wild orange essential oil
- 20 drops lemon essential oil
- 8 drops lavender (great for discolouration)
- 8 drops frankincense (anti-aging)
- 8 drops maleluca (tea tree oil)
- Add to Jajoba oil
- 1 cup of witch hazel
- 6 drops Patchouli (anti-aging, promotes new cell growth)
- 6 drops Geranium (regulates oil, tightens skin and reduces acne)
- 6 drops Maleluca (tea tree, great for blemishes)
- 6 drops Frankincense (anti-aging)
- 6 drops Bergamot
- Fill a mason jar with equal parts coconut oil and brown sugar
- Add 1/4 cup of ground coffee
- 15 drops of grapefruit oil
- equal parts peppermint oil, lavender oil, fractioned coconut oil.
- Or Doterra’s past tense roller bottle (never leave the house without it!)
Deep Hair Conditioner
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp olive or sesame oil
- 10 drops of Essential Oils (I like Rosemary oil because it promotes hair growth)
- Doterra’s whisper is an amazing alternative to perfume. I actually receive compliments every time I am wearing it which was never the case with my other perfumes!
Please remember to use your oils with caution, as they are powerful! Less is more when it comes to oils, so frequent application using only a few drops works best!
All the information I have shared is specific to DoTerra products, as they are the only company who guarantees their products purity, and therefore some are safe to take internally. There are so many companies out there, and you have to be careful to ensure that you are getting best quality.
The natural medicine available to help our bodies function optimally is endless! it is my goal to change lives and encourage healthy living! If you are interested in learning more about essential oils, please feel free to contact me, or pass the information on to a loved one.
Vanessanathaliebosco@gmail.com / Facebook: Vanessa Nathalie / Doterra website