Breathe - Book Review
Breathing properly is such a simple tool we all have to reset ourselves - yet it can be so often overlooked! That is why I love this small pocketbook called “Breathe - Simple Breathing Techniques for a Calmer Happier Life” by Jean Hall! It’s super easy to carry around to serve as a guidebook for an array of breathing practices. There is bound to be one that fits the bill just for you, if not more 🙌🏼
After all as Thich Nhat Hanh said “Breath is the bridge which connects life to consciousness, which unites your body to your thoughts.”
This book can help you increase energy levels, improve your sleep, instill a sense of calm, and reduce stress. Does that sound like something you’d like more of in your life? Sign us up!
Today I’ll be sharing one exercise I love - it’s called the SELF SOOTHING BREATH. It is gentle and rhythmic to soothe the body and brainwaves, and the hugging aspect is deeply protective.
Here is the breakdown:
1. Lie on your back (instructions are included in the book on how to do this gently for the body).
2. Bend your knees up towards your body and gently hug your legs, and soften your shoulders to the floor.
3. Let your eyes close.
4. Notice the rise and fall of your breath as you continue to hug your legs.
5. Slowly and gently roll your body a little to the left and then a little to the right. Keep yourself relaxed.
6. Now begin to coordinate the rocking motion to your breath. As you inhale, roll to the right and as you exhale, roll to the left.
7. Do this for 5-10 minutes, until you feel a quiet calm flowing through your body and mind.
8. Release and relax!
Not to mention it has so many quotes that are inspiring to the soul, this book is highly recommended! But until you grab a copy for yourself, let’s take a deep breath together and enjoy the moment that is NOW!
Many thanks for reading, you can find my page at @loveismplysimona #HIHbookclub #breathe
• Simona •