Try This: Gluten Free Blueberry Loaf
½ cup (125 ml) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup (250 ml) granulated sugar
¾ cup of unsweetened applesauce
¾ cup of blueberries (frozen or fresh, fresh blueberries are best)
2 tsp (10ml) pure vanilla
1 ½ cups (375ml) President Choice Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour Blend
1 tsp (5ml) baking soda
1 tsp (5ml) cinnamon
½ tsp (2ml) salt
· Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
· Lightly oil a 9 x –5in (2L) loaf pan, or use a non-stick loaf pan
· In a large bowl and using an electric mixer, cream butter with sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat in applesauce and vanilla until combined.
· In another bowl sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Using a wooden spoon, stir into butter mixture, add blueberries and mix all together.
· Pour into prepared pan
· Bake on middle oven rack for 55 – 60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. If bread is browning too quickly, cover loosely with foil.
· Remove from oven and let cool on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool to room temperature.
Makes 12 servings